Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well, it's been a week and I am a slacker. I just haven't been getting my camera out lately to take many pictures, unexplainable really!

Our weeks have been kind of boring to be honest. Westyn did chip a tooth which has caused mom much grief but he seems to be fine. I can't get a picture of the thing but it isn't anything too terrible. I swear, those boys just go crazy all the time and it is a wonder we haven't had any other chips and breaks along the way. I am sure we will.. just give it some time.

My parents came in for a visit last weekend and like always the kids had a blast. I love the fact that grandparents are such a big deal for my kids. And I am pretty sure the grandparents feel the same way. Since we don't get to see both sets that much it is extra special to see them interact with the kids. Jackson really wanted to go back to Mimi's house to play with her toys, and he wanted Pappaw to watch "Westereens" {Westerns}with him.


Saturday night I went to an engagement party for my sister at her friend Megan's house. It was a lot of fun. They made each of us a wine class and had delicious food. I mean "D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S" food. I may have spelled that wrong. I am still getting a chance to meet some of these awesome girls and it was a lot of fun.


Megan took this photo and I hope I have permission to use it? We are so excited about Michelle and David getting hitched.

In other news: Jackson has been so funny lately! That kid learns so much everyday and it is exhausting following him. I think I refer to pretty much everything as "exhausting" these days. He is counting in spanish now and using really big words like "mom you are aggervating me" Who knew?  One conversation we had the other day went like this:
Jackson: "Mom, my eye really hurts, it really hurts"- crying and stressing out
Me: "Well babe, let me look at it and see what I can to help you"
Jackson: "I think a graham cracker will help"
Me:  "Oh you want a graham cracker?"
Jackson: "Yes, Mom, this will help my eye"

I swear the kid is a genius, his eye was better within minutes of getting that graham cracker. They learn to work the system so early in life.  They know the triggers I have and perhaps that is what makes it so exhausting.
Even Piper looks exhausted



On to a decorating note:
I am really liking the look of hardwood floors (well laminate actually) since I have a nice new stain on our white carpet. I don't know if it would be feasible for us to get them at this time, but hopefully we can at some point. I like these next two colors the best, but man, the selection is crazy big.




I think for sanity purposes they would be best in our living room, but we would have to get a nice big rug.

Hopefully I can add a few more pictures of the family tomorrow!! Tata for now!

No comments: