Friday, June 19, 2009

Westyn Michael Edwards Has Arrived!
June 16th, 2009
7lbs, 4 ounces, 20.5 in.

Above: Jackson holding his baby brother for the first time
Below:Jackson at 2 days oldBelow: Westyn at 2 days old

I went into the hospital on Tuesday morning around 7:30 a.m.to be induced. They had to start the pitocin a little later than expected due to some dips in his heart rate... this little guy has been doing scary stuff like that off an on the whole time. I couldn't wait to see this little guy and know that he is healthy. The Dr. (Dr. Rita Sanders, who is great) came in and broke my water around 1:30ish and things went so fast from there. I had my epideral around 2:30 and Westyn was born at 3:30 p.m. He came out kicking and screaming, sunny side up, with the cord wrapped around his neck a couple of times... but don't worry, God was with him the whole time and he is great. He has been taking to feeding great and sleeping like a pro. I don't have a lot of pictures to put up yet because I have to gather them from others cameras. We were lucky to have both grandmas experience the birth, along with Daddy and Aunt Gigi. I believe Jackson was asleep with Poppy when all this happened. I wanted to put up this picture of both boys just days old. See any similarities??? Looks like we are going to have to BIG BOYS on our hands.

2 comments:

Michelle Ribbing & Kristie Edwards said...

I miss both my nephews so much already!

GiGi

The Ponderer said...

Congratulations, you guys! He is beautiful! We can't wait to meet him! Love you all,
Robb, Debbie and Maverick