Saturday, May 16, 2009


My New Hobby!!

Since moving to Tulsa, or Broken Arrow actually, I have been staying at home with Jackson and thinking of ways to save money and so forth. I have always had a difficult time not working and usually when I am not working I am thinking about work. Not that parenting isn't work, it is one job that I can't do 24/7 without feeling crazy. Shaun and I planned to buy our house and know that I would be without a job until after Westyn is born, perhaps longer. So, with that being said, I found a new hobby that can be totally rewarding, garage sale shopping!! I have always enjoyed going to flea markets and garage sales, but never really got any great deals, until today!! There were several community yard sales going on near our subdivision so Shaun drove me around while I searched: My Mission: Size 4 Toddler clothes. I figured whatever I got Prestyn (P) will some day be Jackson and Westyns'.. and trust me Westyn needs nothing, Jackson needs like 2 or 3 things. I see that by going on a mission you avoid buying the things you don't really need, and you may even pick up some surprizes!! Take today, spent $9.oo and got the following: Brand new pack of newborn diapers for Westyn $5.00 (great deal!), Pair of 4T pants for P $.50, Ralph Lauren Shirt for P $.50, and 3 cute shirts for Jack for $3.00 (a little pricey, I know). I only shopped a few yard sales for about an hour or so, so I can only imagine what other bargains I might have found. I also picked up 2 cute picture frames for $1.00 (those I could have done without, so I had to re-focus). I am attaching a picture of the clothes though! Don't worry, I am not going to turn into one of those people who has a garage full of crap, but if you need me to find you something I will be happy too! I like to go with a mission, and if you are looking for something in particular, it makes the whole trip seem worthwhile! I won't be doing this every weekend, but I will take advantage of community yard sales, they Rock!!


No comments: